p.s.

I'm not using and mod_rewrite stuff. I don't even have any .htaccess
files. My database is set up just fine. I'm using Dreamhost.

My LocalSettings are in /wiki directory, set thusly:

$wgScriptPath = "/wiki";
$wgScript = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
$wgRedirectScript = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";
$wgArticlePath = "$wgScript/$1";
Re: No input file specified. [ In reply to ]
Sorry I haven't responded earlier, it seems the mailing list has
decided to send me only administrative messages and not actual messages
to the list! Garrrr...

mikeFitzhugh wrote on March 14:
> I'm having some trouble with the web installer. Everything seems to
> go
> well during the installation. But, when I visit what should be the
> front of my new wiki using this URL:
>
> http://www.objectif.org/wiki/index.php
>
> ... I get redirected to this URL:
>
> http://www.objectif.org/wiki/index.php/Wiki/index.php
>
> where I get the message "No input file specified"

It looks like there's something wrong with the web server, it's not
passing requests to the script correctly. As a workaround, try putting
this in LocalSettings.php:

$wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1";

Uglier, but perhaps safer.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: No input file specified. [ In reply to ]
Hi Brion,

Thanks for your suggestion! It seems to be progress in the right
direction. But, I'm still not quite there.

Now, I'm set up like this:

$wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1";

and requests to http://www.objectif.org/wiki/ go to:

http://www.objectif.org/wiki/index.php/?title=Wiki/index.php