Mailing List Archive

Struggling with math
I've been stuggling to get MediaWiki to properly render equations.

I'm running Slackware 9.1 with PHP4.3.3, Apache 1.3.28, and MySQL 4.0.15.

I can generate proper png files running texvc from the command line.

The same command run from exec( ) in a php script will put the png file in the upload/math directory when run from the command line as root. But that same test script fails with a "dvips: Problems with file writing; probably disk full" error when run from the browser (or from the command line as nobody).

The directory permissions seem OK. wiki/upload, wiki/upload/tmp, and wiki/upload/math are all owned by nobody:nobody and set to 777. (I've also tried 766 to no avail).

I noticed a similar problem mentioned in the Wikitech list http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2003-May/003832.html but without a resolution.

Suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert Webster