Mailing List Archive

Error in install script?
FYI, I ran into an error the other day when I tried installing a new
wiki using the MediaWiki software on a remote server. The error
occurred on line 114 of install.php, which currently reads as follows:

>$rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, "root", $rootpw );

I got it to work by changing the line to the following:

>$rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, $wgDBuser, $rootpw );

--Sheldon Rampton
Re: Error in install script? [ In reply to ]
On Feb 28, 2004, at 01:34, Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> FYI, I ran into an error the other day when I tried installing a new
> wiki using the MediaWiki software on a remote server. The error
> occurred on line 114 of install.php, which currently reads as follows:
>
>> $rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, "root", $rootpw );
>
> I got it to work by changing the line to the following:
>
>> $rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, $wgDBuser, $rootpw );

The install script currently is a little fascistic. ;) It assumes you
have total control over your system:
* shell access
* command-line PHP interpreter
* root access to the MySQL server
* will be installing into a fresh database to be created, which will
have nothing else in it

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)