2. I can't create users and grant them rights.
I changed the line "$rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, "root", $rootpw );" [98] to my user and commented out "dbsource( "./maintenance/users.sql", $rconn );", because I'm not allowed to grant anything. This may be no problem, because my user is allowed to do everything else, like select and update the database.

3. All .phmtl files are empty.
I uploaded the standard .phtml files to the "mediawiki" directory.

4. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getallheaders() in /kunden/muddasheep.com/darrn/mediawiki/wiki.phtml on line 23

How do I solve problem #4 and are all my other steps possibly?

PS: I can't change anything in the config files of php, mysql, server etc.

Thx in advance!
Re: Install MediaWiki on remote Webserver [ In reply to ]
On Feb 21, 2004, at 23:54, Gerold Meisinger wrote:
> PHP: 4.3.4
> MySQL: 3.23.54

The default configuration in 1.1.0 isn't friendly to MySQL 3.x. Be sure
to put this line in your LocalSettings.php or you'll get errors when
saving some pages:

$wgEnablePersistentLC = false;

> Webserver, OS: dunno (is there a way to find that out, f.e. read the
> header etc.?)

Make a PHP file containing this line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and load it up; it'll give you a whole bunch of information about your
configuration.

> 1. I can't start php from console.
> That was no big problem, I just commented out the readconsole function
> in install.php and used a default value.

Ehhh, probably will work...

>  2. I can't create users and grant them rights.
> I changed the line "$rconn = mysql_connect( $wgDBserver, "root",
> $rootpw );" [98] to my user and commented out "dbsource(
> "./maintenance/users.sql", $rconn );", because I'm not allowed to
> grant anything. This may be no problem, because my user is allowed to
> do everything else, like select and update the database.

Should be ok. The normal installation creates separate mysql users as a
slight security measure, but the wiki will run on a single all-powerful
account.

> 3. All .phmtl files are empty.
> I uploaded the standard .phtml files to the "mediawiki" directory.

I can't say I've ever seen this before...

>  4. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getallheaders() in
> /kunden/muddasheep.com/darrn/mediawiki/wiki.phtml on line 23

If PHP isn't set up as an Apache module, getallheaders() may not be
available. You don't actually need it though, it's just a debugging
aid. Remove these lines from wiki.phtml:

# Useful debug output
wfDebug( "\nStart request\n" );
wfDebug( "$REQUEST_METHOD $REQUEST_URI\n" );
$headers = getallheaders();
foreach ($headers as $name => $value) {
wfDebug( "$name: $value\n" );
}
wfDebug( "\n" );

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Install MediaWiki on remote Webserver [ In reply to ]
Thanks, it works now!

But I have a new problem. How do I administrate the Wiki? It seems there are two users called "WikiDeveloper" and "WikiSysop", but no user which I specified in the AdminSettings.php (whats that good for then?). What are the passwords for them?
Re: Install MediaWiki on remote Webserver [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:21:08PM +0100, Gerold Meisinger wrote:
> Thanks, it works now!
>
> But I have a new problem. How do I administrate the Wiki? It seems there are two users called "WikiDeveloper" and "WikiSysop", but no user which I specified in the AdminSettings.php (whats that good for then?). What are the passwords for them?

Servus,
Du musst per SQL-Befehl deinem Benutzer Admin-Rechte geben

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki

Wobei inzwischen (nur im CVS) auch "bureaucrat" existiert.

ciao, tom

--
http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
-.- http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32
Re: Install MediaWiki on remote Webserver [ In reply to ]
On Feb 26, 2004, at 08:21, Gerold Meisinger wrote:
> But I have a new problem. How do I administrate the Wiki? It seems
> there are two users called "WikiDeveloper" and "WikiSysop", but no
> user which I specified in the AdminSettings.php (whats that good for
> then?).

That's a MySQL user account used by the maintenance scripts. It needs
the ability to create, alter, and drop tables, which the MySQL user for
the regular wiki's web operation doesn't need.

> What are the passwords for them?

Theoretically, they should be what you set as $wgDBadminpassword in
AdminSettings.php.

See also: