Mailing List Archive

Setting a Protected Page and Upload Not working
Hi Mediawiki list,
I would like to make the MainPage of wiki
protected ( as in Wikipedia)
I was search for pointers in documents, but unable to figureout yet.

How can I make the MainPage of Wiki Protected?

One more question I have is,whenever I go to the Upload page and try to
upload any files,
The Page just comes back again without uploading the content.

Previously it was working fine, where could the things might have gone
wrong and how would I be able to mend it.

Thanks!

Senthil

Re: Setting a Protected Page and Upload Not working [ In reply to ]
On Feb 15, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Senthil_OR@Dell.com wrote:

> Hi Mediawiki list,
> I would like to make the MainPage of wiki
> protected ( as in Wikipedia)
> I was search for pointers in documents, but unable to figureout yet.

I had this same problem when I first started out a few months ago. :-)
First off, you need to grant yourself sysop privileges. You need to do
that manually in MySQL (I've been using phpMyAdmin), with the following
string:

UPDATE user SET user_rights='sysop' WHERE user_name='My admin
account';

And you replace "My Admin Account" with your own user name. After
that, there should be a clear link on the quickbar that lets you
"protect this page".

Dan Carlson