aus der Funktion "". MySQL meldete den Fehler "1064: You have an error in your
SQL syntax near 'linkscc FROM linkscc,brokenlinks WHERE lcc_pageid=bl_from AND
bl_to='Linux_Insta' at line 1". "
Wikimedia Database Error [ In reply to ]
My System where I'm runnig wikimedia from:
Redhat v9
Apache 2.0.48
PHP 4.3.5RC2
mySQL 4.0

Everytime I make an update of a page, or start a new page, or delete a
page, or whatever, there comes a error message:

Database Error

DELETE linkscc FROM linkscc,brokenlinks WHERE lcc_pageid=bl_from AND
bl_to='Linux_Installationshilfen'
Re: Wikimedia Database Error [ In reply to ]
I've been encountering this same problem. It's gotten so bad that
we've decided to lock the database until a fix can be uploaded (or if
we have to downgrade the system). I reported it on the SourceForge
site, and now I'm told that I need to have MySQL 4 or newer.

Unfortunately, because my site is hosted on a shared account with a
company that I've discovered has very very poor service (never, ever do
business with www.gisol.com!), the likelihood of the database server
being upgraded to MySQL 4 is practically nil.

So, am I going to have to just downgrade my system to the old 11/18/03
version, and back to the image-deletion errors that I specifically
upgraded MediaWiki to avoid? It would be most annoying if we had to go
back -- so any help in avoiding this problem would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan Carlson
Re: Wikimedia Database Error [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think I had the same problem once, and this is what Brion told me then:

On Jan 4, 2004, at 08:42, Denny Vrandecic wrote:
> aus der Funktion "". MySQL meldete den Fehler "1064: You have an error
> in
> your SQL syntax near 'linkscc FROM linkscc,brokenlinks WHERE
> lcc_pageid=bl_from AND bl_to='Hilfe'' at line 1".
> <<
>
> The action is performed, but I'd like to patch the error away...

Looks like a MySQL 3.x problem. The linkscc table is used to cache link
lookup data and speeds up page display a bit, but isn't actually
necessary. Things should work if you disable it...

Try putting this in your LocalSettings.php:
$wgEnablePersistentLC = false;

I'll see if we can detect this for the next version...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

And it did help for me. Maybe it helps you too.

Best regards,
Denny

Re: Wikimedia Database Error [ In reply to ]
Thanks very much, Denny -- that's fixed it for me!

Dan Carlson

Re: Wikimedia Database Error [ In reply to ]
The fix that was just posted solved the problem for me.

Philip