M.Kiberu
M.Kiberu@t-online.de

--
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2003, at 03:36, M.Kiberu@t-online.de wrote:
> I'm tying to install Mediawiki on a debian-system.
> I already came that far that I can see the "Main Page" but
> I can not use any links on them.

Usually this is because register_globals is set to off. We haven't yet
eliminated the use of this, so the script isn't able to get at its
parameters (such as page title) if it's off (the default in recent
versions of PHP).

See http://www.php.net/register_globals

Track down your php.ini and flip this option to On.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
M.Kiberu@t-online.de wrote:

> I'm tying to install Mediawiki on a debian-system. I already came
> that far that I can see the "Main Page" but I can not use any links
> on them. Is there a other wikisystem or or some thing alse I need to
> install ? Maybe I missed some information. Can someone help?

Have you looked at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentation:Installation, where I'm
currently trying to consolidate the apread-all-over-the-place parts of
the documentation? There is a drafted section about the "Installation of
the MediaWiki software under Debian GNU/Linux on the i386 architecture
as root".

Regards, -asb

PS: You can send mail to my E-Mail address in German, if you encounter
problems with the documentation above. I would like to them in the
Troubleshooting section ;)
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
Back to the list,

BV> On Dec 10, 2003, at 03:36, M.Kiberu@t-online.de wrote:
>> I'm tying to install Mediawiki on a debian-system.
>> I already came that far that I can see the "Main Page" but
>> I can not use any links on them.

BV> Usually this is because register_globals is set to off. We haven't yet
BV> eliminated the use of this, so the script isn't able to get at its
BV> parameters (such as page title) if it's off (the default in recent
BV> versions of PHP).

BV> See http://www.php.net/register_globals

BV> Track down your php.ini and flip this option to On.

BV> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

You're right thanx very much. Now I seaching for a german interface.

--
Thanx,
M.Kiberu
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2003, at 13:17, M. Kiberu wrote:
> You're right thanx very much. Now I seaching for a german interface.

Set $wgLanguageCode = "de"; in LocalSettings.php, and make sure
LanguageDe.php got installed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
Hello List,

May it's written somewhere but I couldn't find it.
It's how to become Admin\Developer. I fail to change it with mysql.

-Greetings-
Michael
Re: Installing problems [ In reply to ]
On Dec 12, 2003, at 17:16, M. Kiberu wrote:
> May it's written somewhere but I couldn't find it.
> It's how to become Admin\Developer. I fail to change it with mysql.

Please see:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)