Wikitravel. However, I don't want to give out user passwords or user
email addresses.

Is the script used by Wikipedia available anywhere? A quick review of
the MediaWiki codebase isn't coming up with anything. Ideas?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/
Re: Database Dumps and User Privacy [ In reply to ]
On Nov 21, 2003, at 18:52, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> So, I want to start making daily database dumps available on
> Wikitravel. However, I don't want to give out user passwords or user
> email addresses.
>
> Is the script used by Wikipedia available anywhere? A quick review of
> the MediaWiki codebase isn't coming up with anything. Ideas?

We just run mysqldump --opt for the tables that are backed up and only
give out cur and old as public downloads.

Everything else can be regenerated (links, brokenlinks, recentchanges)
or is private (user, watchlist) or is tied to the downloads, which
aren't being distributed for now since a huge portion of them are not
by themselves GFDL compatible and it's not clear what to do with that
stuff.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)