I tried to just edit the LanguageDe.php since it contains the
static text on the sites, but it didn't work out. Is the
Skin.php the template? I couldn't figure it out how to add the
html code there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Best regards,
Freerk mailto:freerk@gmx.net
Re: How can I remove PHPSESSID? How can I add a form to printable template? [ In reply to ]
On Nov 20, 2003, at 07:25, Freerk wrote:
> Sometimes, when I open a link, I get the link with a
> ?PHPSESSID=9308d65a897e0712a32cfd or something like that in the
> end. How do I disable that? It makes the links longer, some search
> engines wont spider me and I don't want to track my visitors.

The wiki uses a session cookie to deal with logins primarily. PHP's
default settings for its session cookie stuff is to _also_ put crap in
your URLs if the cookie's not present, which causes no end of trouble.
To get rid of the URL crap but keep the cookie, set
"session.use_only_cookies" to 1 in your php.ini (or use ini_set or
such).

If you aren't ever going to have logins, then you don't need it at all.
Find the session_start() etc in Setup.php I think and comment those
lines out.

> My next question: I want to add a Google search form at the top
> of every site (http://www.google.com/intl/en/searchcode.html#both)
> I tried to just edit the LanguageDe.php since it contains the
> static text on the sites, but it didn't work out. Is the
> Skin.php the template? I couldn't figure it out how to add the
> html code there.

Skin.php is hella ugly, sorry.

You probably want to be looking at Skin::doBeforeContent() or so. A lot
of stuff gets cut out of the printable version, of course.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)