Mailing List Archive

Issue uploading to Mediawiki via a vpn connection
Product Version MediaWiki 1.15.1 PHP 5.2.8 (cgi-fcgi) MySQL 5.1.30-community
When uploading a file from a slow link or over VPN my users are getting the following error.
FastCGI Error The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
Error Details: . The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
. Error Number: 995 (0x800703e3).
. Error Description: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. HTTP Error 500 - Server Error. Internet Information Services (IIS)
Can anyone help me. The user is uploading a 8mb files and the limits are set to 100mb.

Timothy C. Carfrey Sr.
Sr. Application Engineer
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu

TCarfrey@deloitte.com
www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Issue uploading to Mediawiki via a vpn connection [ In reply to ]
Carfrey, Tim (US - Glen Mills) wrote:
> Product Version MediaWiki 1.15.1 PHP 5.2.8 (cgi-fcgi) MySQL 5.1.30-community
> When uploading a file from a slow link or over VPN my users are getting the following error.
> FastCGI Error The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
> Error Details: . The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
> . Error Number: 995 (0x800703e3).
> . Error Description: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. HTTP Error 500 - Server Error. Internet Information Services (IIS)
> Can anyone help me. The user is uploading a 8mb files and the limits are set to 100mb.
>
> Timothy C. Carfrey Sr.
> Sr. Application Engineer
> Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
>
> TCarfrey@deloitte.com
> www.deloitte.com

The message is self-explaining. Uploading 8mb files over your VPN takes
more time than the configured timeout.
You can:
*Increase the FastCGI timeout.
*Have your users upload only from the intranet, where they don't go
through the slow VPN link.