Mailing List Archive

Security pre-release announcement: 1.31.7 / 1.33.3 / 1.34.1
Hi all,

Tomorrow we will be issuing a security and maintenance release to all
supported branches of MediaWiki.

The new releases will be:

- 1.34.1
- 1.33.3
- 1.31.7

This will resolve two minor issues in MediaWiki core, and also includes
some fixes previously committed to git, including minor security and
hardening patches along with bug fixes included for maintenance reasons.

We've noted that these issues are minor, and as such you don't need to
apply them as quickly as with other security releases, if you're unable to
do so. We therefore decided to continue with getting the security (and
maintenance) release out for this quarter as planned, even with the global
situation as is.

We will make the fixes available in these respective release branches, and
also master. Tarballs will be available for the above mentioned point
releases as well.

A summary of some of the security fixes that have gone into non bundled
MediaWiki extensions will also follow.

Thanks!

Sam