Mailing List Archive

1.31.0-rc.2
Hi,

I'd like to announce the immediate availability of MediaWiki 1.31.0-rc.2,
the second release candidate for 1.31.x. Links at the end of the e-mail. The
tag has been signed and pushed to Git.

This is not a final release and should not be used for production websites.
There are several major outstanding bugs on the workboard. As always, please
do try out the release candidate in a test environment. It's how we find
bugs that didn't surface in initial development :-)

You'll likely notice that I went from rc.0 to rc.2 with this announcement.
This
was not an oversight. While rc.1 was tagged, signed, and built as a tarball,
prior to announcing it I noticed the version number still referred to rc.0.
Rather than confuse people, I decided to move forward with an rc.2. There's
only
a two commit difference between the tags. If using the patch files, you'll
want
to do it stepwise, moving from rc.0 to rc.1 then on to rc.2.

There have also been schema changes since rc.0, so you will need to run
update.php.

Full release notes:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/MW/browse/REL1_31/RELEASE-NOTES-1.31
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.31