Mailing List Archive

MediaWiki 1.29.0-rc.1 now available
Hi all,

First, I'd like apologize for the extreme delay in getting 1.29 out the
door. There's been a bunch of rather nasty bugs that have popped right
around the first release candidate. They've mostly been related to database
transactions and job queue support. As both are kind of crucial I've
decided to hold back the release. As of today, all pending blockers to 1.29
have been resolved. But considering the severity, I'd like to get one last
release candidate in. So without further ado....

I'd like to announce the immediate availability of MediaWiki 1.29.0-rc.1,
the second release candidate for 1.29.x. Links at the end of the e-mail.

This is not a final release and should not be used for production websites.
As always please do try out the release candidate in a test environment.
It's how we find bugs that didn't surface in initial development :)

Full release notes:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/MW/browse/REL1_29/RELEASE-NOTES-1.29
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.29

Download:
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.29/mediawiki-1.29.0-rc.1.tar.gz

Core only (no extensions):
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.29/mediawiki-core-1.29.0-rc.1.tar.gz.sig

Patch to previous version (1.29.0-rc.0):
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.29/mediawiki-1.29.0-rc.1.patch.gz

GPG signatures:
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.29/mediawiki-1.29.0-rc.1.tar.gz.sig
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.29/mediawiki-core-1.29.0-rc.1.tar.gz.sig