Mailing List Archive

1.29.0-rc.0 released, timeline on 1.29.0, EOL of 1.23.x
Hi,

I'd like to announce the immediate availability of MediaWiki 1.29.0-rc.0,
the first release candidate for 1.29.x. Links at the end of the e-mail.

This is not a final release and should not be used for production websites.
Notably, there's a few major outstanding bugs related to the job queue. As
always please do try out the release candidate in a test environment. It's
how we find bugs that didn't surface in initial development :)

The timeline for 1.29.0 is a little fuzzy right now, and I apologize. The
outstanding bugs have been pretty hard to isolate and fix, but I see
progress so I hope those working on them will have it all resolved soon.

Finally, per the version lifecycle I'm announcing the End Of Life of
MediaWiki 1.23.x. The final release in this series was 1.23.17. Those
installations using the versions as LTS should upgrade to 1.27.3, as 1.27.x
is the supported LTS branch through June 2019.

Full release notes:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/MW/browse/REL1_29/RELEASE-NOTES-1.29
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.29

Download: