Mailing List Archive

Wikimedia Foundation web site needs you
Hello,

The future wikimedia website may be found here :
http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Home

For it to become truely our site, it needs input from
editors. You may find here
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_website)
some ideas about we would like it to become and why.

You are welcome to help adding content in it. For
this, you need to ask for an account. Please do so to
Angela or I.

Mostly, to be functionnal, the website needs technical
help. An irc occured a while ago on the topic. The
link is here :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Foundation_website_meeting%2C_July_2004

In this discussion, it was concluded that there were a
bunch of things to fix, such as html handling,
different skin for loggued-in users and non loggued-in
users, languages...
The current situation in any cases is that

* We cannot host the fundraising page
* We cannot easily handle multilingualism

The first point makes it impossible for the website to
just exist.
The second is just a knife cut in our attempt to make
this site multilingue.

Is there anyone interested to help about this ?
If yes, when and for what ?

Is there any hope that anything is done in the next 6
months ?

I am ready to participate to the content, but since I
would prefer to write in french and am basically the
only one participating on it, is it a problem that the
foundation website is in french ?

Also, is it okay to everyone that I change the current
fundraising page ? There is outdated information on
it, and I would like that translations are included as
well.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
RE: Wikimedia Foundation web site needs you [ In reply to ]
Hello Anthere,
I can help with translating from French after March (since I'll be
in France, and know more then), but for now, I can help translate to German
and Anglo-Saxon.

James