Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Query about membership to Wikimedia Chapters
Actually, this is the correct venue when the WMAU refuses to respond to reasonable queries in a timely manner. I too would like to know why the WMAU rejected Andrew’s application for membership.

I do think it is more than fair that people be able to request their legal right to private information as per the Australian Privacy Act. Perhaps this might spark some modicum of transparency with the WMAU. The behaviour we are seeing so far from the Chapter is looking increasingly extremely concerning! In fact, given there are only 68 members and this doesn’t appear to have changed much over many years makes it look more like an exclusive club than an inclusive and welcoming organisation.

Chris