Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Announcement] Establishment of Wikimedians of the Asia Pacific User Group
To everyone,

Thank you for your continued engagement and valuable feedback regarding the establishment of the UG. We have carefully considered the concerns raised regarding the name and the inclusion of the ESEAP region. We are committed to addressing these issues and ensuring a conflict-free and effective user group.

Regarding the name, we understand the importance of avoiding possible conflicts and overlaps. We are open to considering a non-geographical name that better represents the collaborative nature of our user group. We welcome suggestions and input from the community in this regard.

In terms of the ESEAP region, we recognize the need for a balanced approach. We are also open to excluding the region if it helps mitigate conflicts and ensures effective collaboration. We seek serious advice and assistance from those with experience and expertise to help us navigate these considerations.

To Rafi, we appreciate your input, but we want to clarify that we have no links or conflicts with Wikimedia Bangladesh. Our focus is on building a user group that complements and collaborates with existing affiliates. Your concerns regarding Wikimedia Bangladesh are not relevant to the establishment and functioning of the WAP UG.

We invite all interested individuals to join us in finding solutions and shaping the future direction of the user group. Your insights, expertise, and assistance in making the UG conflict-free and effective are highly valued.

Thank you for your continued support and engagement.

Best regards,
Aishik Rehman
Volunteer, Wikimedians of the [?] User Group