Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Odp: Re: [Wikitech-l] Re: Reflecting on my listening tour
Hi Micha?

I'm very much trying to disengage as well but I cant while people continue
to twist what I am saying. I will try one last time, the suggestion was
made early in this discussion to sack staff in more expensive countries and
hire new staff in cheaper countries to do the same job. Such an action is
what is morally bankrupt.

I am not against hiring in any country, all people that the WMF hire should
be treated equally. Each should have the same employment conditions whether
its 6 weeks leave per year, 12 months maternity leave, or comprehensive
health care if it's good enough for one it's good enough for all

In a community where equality and equity are supposed to be part of our
goals by 2030, limiting job applications to only cheap countries is not
honouring that goal. It's suppressing the ability of people from those
countries to improve their lives, in time they too will be abandoned for
cheaper options.

The community decide that equitity was one one of priorities, we cant
achieve that if The WMF is not being held to those standards as well.