Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] The Board Sister Project Faskforce is looking for the voluntary advisory members
Dear all,

I am writing on behalf of the Community Affairs Committee of the Wikimedia
Foundation Board of Trustees [1] to invite you to work with us as a Volunteer
Advisory Member of the Board’s newest task force–the Sister Projects Task
Force. The Sister Projects Task Force will be a group of community members
and Foundation trustees working together on a strategy to support the life
cycle of non-Wikipedia projects across the movement.

The Community Affairs Committee charter calls on addressing “the review of
the existing sister projects and new sister site applications, including
creating a formalized procedure, from application to approval/rejection”
[2] as one of the responsibilities of the Committee. We are forming the
Sister Projects Task Force to deliver on this commitment. This Task Force
will create processes to support the development of sister projects, which
enrich and expand the way we share knowledge with the world.

We need your expertise to make this happen. We welcome applicants from
different sister projects, regions and languages, bringing different
perspectives to the table. You can read more about the selection process
and apply to join us on Meta [3]. Apply until 15 May 2023.

Please share this email with anyone you think may be interested in applying.

Best regards,

Victoria Doronina

Wikimedia Foundation trustee, Lead of the Wikimedia Foundation Board Sister
Projects Task Force (SiPTaF)

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Community_Affairs_Committee

[2]
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Affairs_Committee_Charter#Responsibilities

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Community_Affairs_Committee/Sister_Projects_Task_Force

--
Victoria Doronina
Trustee

sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality.