Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Ukraine’s Cultural Diplomacy Month 2023 is up and running!
Hi, folks!

Today, on the anniversary of the birth of the most distinguished Ukrainian
writer, Taras Shevchenko <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taras_Shevchenko>,
I want to remind everyone, that Ukraine’s Cultural Diplomacy Month 2023
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ukraine%27s_Cultural_Diplomacy_Month_2023>
is underway right now!

Wikimedia Ukraine, along with the Ukrainian institute and Ministry of
Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, brings out already third installment of this
writing contest which focuses on Ukrainian culture and people. The campaign
is underway until 31st March spanning across all Wikipedias under the usual
motto “Ukraine Everywhere”!

We follow last year’s very successful campaign during which we have seen
contributions in 60 different languages from Hausa to Hebrew, from Persian
to Portuguese, from Meitei to Malay, and from Georgian to German.
Contributors all over the world have written 3813 articles and improved
262, making valuable commitments to the popularization of our culture in
moments when it has reached its most dangerous times.

We invite everyone to join and share information about “Ukraine’s Cultural
Diplomacy Month”! All information about the project, the list of proposed
articles, and the terms of participation are available at
ucdm.wikimedia.org.ua.

Best regards,
Valentyn Nefedov,
Project manager for Wikimedia Ukraine