From: Euphemia Uwandu <sharpay136@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2023 10:00 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>; Mailing list for African Wikimedians <african-wikimedians@lists.wikimedia.org>; glam@lists.wikimedia <glam@lists.wikimedia>
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] [AID Project] Contributing to intangible cultural heritage on Wikimedia Projects

Hi Everyone,

How is underrepresented knowledge on wikimedia projects addressed through new ways of contributions? Intangible cultural heritage of different tribes in Africa is one such knowledge facing underrepresentation on wikimedia projects. As indigenous people migrate to cities; face an aging population of cultural guardians and a strong tradition of oral storytelling, it is important to save the voices of knowledge at the brink of extinction.

See how<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PLcKx0IEGrBKnp455hFAxxv5AFNz5GeY?usp_dm=false> the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting community efforts to digitize endangered igbo dances in Nigeria through the AID project<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Audiovisuals_of_Igbo_Dances_(AID)_Project>.

Kind regards,

Euphemia Uwandu,

On behalf of the Project Team