Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: New update in Wikimedia Foundation v. National Security Agency
Hi everyone,

Today, the United States’ Supreme Court denied our petition to review the
U.S. National Security Agency’s mass surveillance of internet
communications and activities, marking the end of our case Wikimedia
Foundation v. NSA
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_v._NSA>. While this
decision is a blow to privacy and freedom of expression online, we don’t
plan to let it hinder our advocacy efforts. We invite you to read our Diff
post
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2023/02/21/u-s-supreme-court-declines-to-hear-wikimedia-foundations-challenge-to-nsa-mass-surveillance/>
about this decision and our plans to continue to push to protect free
knowledge on Wikimedia projects and beyond.

If you wish to share the news, you can use this social media toolkit
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fuKz3Q9BKTrQygp4ef-sDYCkmYmNBuq93qdqMILMd4E/>
.

Best,

Jim