From: Masana Mulaudzi <mmulaudzi@wikimedia.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 at 06:03
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Women's History Month Conversation
To: <wikipedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi Wikimedia Organizers,

My name is Masana Mulaudzi and I recently joined the Wikimedia Foundation
as the new Senior Manager for the Campaigns Programs team. Before joining
the Wikimedia Foundation I worked extensively in the gender justice
movement across Africa, and in solidarity with feminists around the world
in economic and social justice campaigning. I am really humbled to be
joining the Movement and to learn and act in solidarity with gender
organizers in this vibrant community.

To respond to the gender gap and create opportunities to strengthen the
gender diverse content on Wikipedia, the Gender Organizing community in the
Wikimedia Movement hosts an annual campaign
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Celebrate_Women> during International
Women’s Month. This campaign is an important opportunity for the Wikimedia
movement to engage with the work of different communities highlighting the
gender gap in each Wikimedia project.

We invite you to a conversation hour!

For this reason (and many more), we are excited to invite you to a
Campaigns Programs Office Hour on Gender Organizing as a Wikimedians. Here,
I hope to listen to your experiences of gender organizing across the
WikiProjects and share some exciting tools that we’ve developed to support
your work! Join this conversation hour to:

-

Share what your community is doing in campaign organizing on the Gender
Gap during International Women’s Day and beyond.
-

Learn about this year’s volunteer-led Central Notice banner and central
calendar and how you can give feedback on the pages.
-

Learn how the new event registration tool
<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xb6-ZElpN4&ab_channel=WikimediaFoundation
>can
help improve your registration experience for newcomers joining events.

Please join the Office Hour to connect and share.

International Women’s Day Office Hour

1600 UTC

Register here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Event:Women_History_Month_Conversation>