Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Chat GPT
There is a problem of incompatibility of examples of AI like ChatGPT.

1st: Wikipedia is not primary source, the references are important. In
ChatGPT there are statements but not references to support the statements.

2nd: Bias. In Wikipedia all positions for a problem must be indicated.
ChatGPT is not able to describe the different positions. It takes generally
only one.

3rd: disambiguation. Examples like ChatGPT don't process well the
disambiguation. It means that the system has a weak AI. It looks that in
case of disambiguation, it takes only one meaning.

4th: neutral point of view. Examples like ChatGPT don't give a neutral
answer. Frequently they are trained to take a specific answer.

However I personally consider that investigate in AI makes sense because AI
is doing a lot of progress and Wikimedia projects can benefit.

But ChatGPT is a bad example for Wikimedia projects.

Kind regards