Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Block of Wikipedia in Pakistan
Thank you for making a statement.

Could the WMF please publish the take down order (on-wiki)?

I understand that take down orders are not normally considered
confidential or private, though there may be reasons for you to
publish a redacted version. There are obvious benefits to volunteers
taking their own precautions to protect themselves and their projects
depending on the nature of what the PTA considers "sacrilegious
content" to be, and the news coverage indicates that the regulator has
so far not made this public.

Lane

Potential citations
1. Aljazeera: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/4/pakistan-blocks-wikipedia-citing-blasphemous-content