Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] UNLOCK free knowledge projects | 10 days left to apply
Dear fellow Wikimedians,

We would like to remind you of the open call for applications to join the
Wikimedia accelerator program – UNLOCK <https://www.wikimedia.de/unlock/>.

Applications are open until May 29th!

== What type of ideas are we looking for? ==

The program calls for ideas and projects that break down social and
technical barriers preventing people from both accessing and contributing
to free knowledge. The ideas could cover

-

new technologies or tools that support more diverse modes and formats of
knowledge (audio, visual, video, etc.). One example for this is an UNLOCK
2020 project Audiopedia – an open source platform for audio content that
addresses primarily non-readers in the Global South <
https://www.audiopedia.org/>; or
-

further development of existing Wikimedia projects to create new impact
projects, such as GovDirectory (participants in UNLOCK 2021) – a global
directory of government agencies and their online presence by utilizing
Wikidata. This project does not only use Wikidata, but also help improve
the data on Wikidata <
https://www.wikimedia.de/unlock/unlock-projects/government-online-presence-directory/>;
or
-

alternative practices and concepts that create more opportunities for
everyone to participate in free knowledge projects – your idea for a more
inclusive representation of the diverse knowledge of our world.

== Who can apply? ==

We are looking for Wikimedians as well as free knowledge enthusiasts,
developers, designers and activists from outside the Wikimedia movement.
UNLOCK 2022 has a geographical focus on Western Balkans and German-speaking
regions.

== Additional information and support ==

Please head over to the UNLOCK program page for details <
https://www.wikimedia.de/unlock/program/>.

If you require further assistance with your application or if you have an
idea but are not sure whether or not to apply, feel free to reach out to
the organizing team behind the program via email: unlock@wikimedia.de

All the best

Kannika (WMDE) and Ivana (WMRS)

--

Kannika Thaimai (she/her)Innovation Engine Strategy LeadWMDE
innovation engine strategy
| UNLOCK Accelerator <https://www.wikimedia.de/unlock/>
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/unlock-acc> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/UNLOCK_Acc>

Phone: +49 30 577 11 62 0

Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/029/42207.