Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2022 Grants and Program Submissions OPEN
Hello again everyone,

Do you have questions about grants/scholarships or session proposals? Join
us for our first Wikimania Open Space call this *Friday,* *May 20th *at *15:00
UTC*.

We will be holding these monthly community Open Space calls, where
community members can get all their Wikimania questions and concerns
answered by Wikimania 2022 organizers. Questions could be about the
submission of a session proposal, volunteering or applying for a grant/ a
scholarship, and general questions about Wikimania.

Meeting details are available here:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2022:Help_desk

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Best,

Sandra Aceng, On Behalf of the Core Organising Team (COT)

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:49 PM Antoni Mtavangu <antonicmtavangu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Wiki Community,
>

> *Wikimania: The Festival Edition!* will be taking place on *11-14 August
> 2022*.
>

> Wikimania is the Wikimedia movement's annual conference celebrating all
> the free and open knowledge projects made possible by the volunteer
> community.
>

> This year's Wikimania will bring Wikimedians together to create, celebrate
> and connect, virtually and with in-person components.
> We are super excited to let you know that *the* *Program submissions and
> grant applications are open today!* For programming, we are looking for
> sessions that are fun, regionally-focused, and welcome newcomers. For
> grants and scholarships, we will be providing affiliate grants to fund
> the organizing of Wikimania local events, and also offering scholarships
> for individual attendees to enable their participation in Wikimania 2022.
>

> Please
> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/05/09/wikimania-2022-grants-and-program-submissions-open/>read
> our post on Diff
> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/05/09/wikimania-2022-grants-and-program-submissions-open/>
> for everything you need to know.
>

> Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all at Wikimania!
>

> Antoni Mtavangu (on behalf of the 2022 Wikimania COT)

*Sandra Aceng*
*Wikimedian, Policy Analyst, Writer, & Gender and ICT Researcher*
Plot 360,Kansanga-Ggaba Road, Kampala Uganda
*Email*: saceng@wougnet.org
*Web:* about.me/saceng
*Twitter:* @sandraaceng
*Facebook:* Sandra Aceng