Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Join us for EduWiki Live, take a deep dive into Wikidata and Curriculum Digitization
Dear Wikimedians and Friends,

TL;DR: The first EduWiki Live will be on Tuesday, November 30, at 15:00 UTC

Theme: *Wikidata and Curriculum Digitization*

Livestream:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WikimediaEducationTeam

Youtube (link will be shared soon)

I hope this email finds you well. Last month, we introduced you to our
new EduWiki
community support strategy
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/10/05/promoting-more-inclusive-and-equitable-support-for-the-wikimedia-education-community/>.
As a part of our new strategy, we are here with the first “EduWiki Live
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/EduWiki_Live>” event, scheduled
for 30th November at 15:00 UTC. EduWiki Live is a virtual event that aims
to serve as a bridge between the EduWiki community and the Education
sector. This will help the community to engage in deep dives into
interesting topics about global education from a Wikimedia movement
perspective.

This month, the Education Team is hosting the first EduWiki Live on the
theme of *Wikidata and Curriculum Digitization*. We are aiming to highlight
the work that has been done in this area and how you can be a part of it.
For this event, we will be joined by guest speakers Ivan Savov, a
researcher working in the field of curriculum digitization and data models,
along with Ernest Gavor and Andrews Lartey representing the Ghana Society
for Education Technology (GSET).

Here is the brief agenda for the event:

- A general update and news on things happening in the EduWiki
community. An overview of the potential impact of aligning curriculum data
on Wikidata, and where we are now with the Wikidata for Education
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wikidata_for_Education> project
by Nichole Saad.
- Take a deep dive into the data models for curriculum standards
<https://learningequality.org/r/digitizing-curriculum> with Ivan Savov:
learn about the use cases for digital curriculum standards, the work done
so far, and how this could be useful for the Wikimedia movement.
- Meet our implementing partners from Ghana, learn what we want to
accomplish with the Wikidata for Education project, and why it is important
in the Ghanian context.

Open Q&A

You can watch the event live on Facebook and Youtube. For you to be able to
ask questions in your native language we encourage you to use the comment
option on Facebook, as it supports automatic translation, If you are
interested in helping translate questions and answers in the comments
please reach out to education@wikimedia.org
Best!
Sailesh and the Education team
--