Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Save the date: Movement Strategy Co-Creation Workshop on "Hubs" on November 27
Registration is now open and closes on November 25.

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Save the date: Movement Strategy Co-Creation Workshop on "Hubs" on November 27 [ In reply to ]
Thank you, Cornelius. Is there any chance that there will be a Round 2 for
this?

Risker/Anne

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Save the date: Movement Strategy Co-Creation Workshop on "Hubs" on November 27 [ In reply to ]
Hello Risker, hello all,

at the moment, there is no second workshop planned. The idea is to create
convergence on the ideas around Hubs, a second one with the same
intention/program would make that more difficult.

However, I'd say, let's see what the outcomes will be, hoping then for your
(everyone's) feedback. Depending on the feedback, we could think about
adding another one in the New Year, building upon the outcomes of November
27.

Best regards,
Cornelius

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Save the date: Movement Strategy Co-Creation Workshop on "Hubs" on November 27 [ In reply to ]
Hi All
I am interested in contributing to this development but also like
Riskier have this day fixed long ago (so could likely only join as an
observer for part of it). Think that the agenda for 27th is ambitious
especially if it includes many people and all of the mentioned open
questions. It would be great if the session is planned with answering
only some of these questions in order of urgency (which is relative to
needs of different entities, but still possible to do) and some
questions can more easily be answered in 2022 and maybe in different
ways.

I would suggest for 2022 to consider also more focused work sessions
(focus groups?) by separating regional and thematic hubs, as well as
maybe just grouping 2-3 hubs at the time for 'bilateral' or
'trilateral' prototyping worksessions of tentative coordinations
mechanisms and collaboration agendas. This is something that I think
can be useful action for both general synchronization and individual
Hub initiatives to advance, as well as give agency (and resources) for
the hubs to develop methodologies that are not from WMF and general
with 'always' 'everyone' in mind (pressure that is also a hurdle for
practicalities to be addressed 'better'). These findings can then be
circulated again both globally and contextually within constituencies
of each of the hubs.

Best Z.
[Wikimedia-l] Re: Save the date: Movement Strategy Co-Creation Workshop on "Hubs" on November 27 [ In reply to ]
Hi Željko,

thanks for the feedback. The agenda aka the program is in the process of
being finalized, and we aim for publishing it on Tuesday. Also, we're
aiming for a smaller group of participants; Participants who don't feel
being able to engage actively, because of either time or knowledge, can
watch/observe silently.

Depending on the outcomes and your feedback afterward, we might add another
workshop session in the near future.

Cheers
Cornelius