Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Update from Wiki Movimento Brasil
Dear friends!

I am writing on behalf of the UG Wiki Movimento Brasil to share updates
about our board.

Our group members convened at our General Assembly, on November 1st, and
unanimously appointed the following members as our new board:

* Valério Melo, User:Ixocactus, president

* Chico Venancio, User:Chicocvenancio, vice-president

* Lucas Teles, User:Teles, finance director

They will serve for a four-year term, according to our bylaws. All new
board members come from the Northeast Region, one of the most impoverished
areas in Brazil. Regional power decentralization is a major objective in
Wiki Movimento Brasil's Diversity Plan (https://w.wiki/4Kio).

In the occasion of our General Assembly, we also appointed:

* User:Albertoleoncio and User:Vini_175 to the Fiscal Council, and

* User:DarwIn, User:Victor Lopes, User:Friduxa, User:Tetizeraz and
User:TiagoLubiana to the Good Governance Committee.

I take this opportunity to thank Vinicius Siqueira and Célio Costa Filho
with whom I have served on the board from 2017 to 2021. We were honored to
be part of the consolidation of Wiki Movimento Brasil as a thriving
Wikimedia affiliate.

Best of luck to the new board. Thank you for all you do for this Movement.

Abraços,

João Alexandre Peschanski

User:Joalpe