Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Join the 2021 Months of African Cinema Global Contest
Greetings!

We hope that this email finds you well.

The Afrocine project core team is happy to inform you that the “Months of
African Cinema” Contest is happening again this year in October and
November. We invite Wikimedians all over the world to join in improving
content related to African cinema on Wikipedia!

Please list your username under the participants’ section
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_AfroCine/Months_of_African_Cinema#Participants>
of the contest page to indicate your interest in participating in this
contest.[1] The term "African" in the context of this contest, includes
people of African descent from all over the world, which includes the
diaspora and the Caribbean.

The following prizes would be recognized at the end of the contest, as gift
cards.

-

Overall winners
-

1st Prize - $500
-

2nd Prize - $200
-

3rd Prize - $100
-

Diversity Winner - $100

-

Gender-gap Filler - $100

-

Language Winners - up to $100*

For further information about the contest, the prizes, and how to
participate, please visit the contest page here. [2] For further inquiries,
please leave comments on the contest talk page. We look forward to your
participation!

Best regards,

Eben Mlay

Community Liaison, Afrocine project