Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wiki Indaba 2021 Scholarships applications now open
Dear Community members,

Transitioning WikiIndaba online this year offers an unparalleled
opportunity to expand representation but it also requires participants to
have access to a quality internet connection to meaningfully and fully
engage and contribute.

THE CONNECTIVITY SCHOLARSHIP
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiIndaba_conference_2021/Scholarships>
For Wiki Indaba 2021, the first virtual edition of WikiIndaba Online, we
are launching a Connectivity Scholarship to provide direct financial
support for participants to connect and engage.

Session organizers, speakers, and participants can apply for 2 levels of
funding support ($50 USD or $100 USD), which they can use for:

- Direct connecting: Purchasing internet data or contributing to the
cost of internet access and use;
- Support connecting: Travel to access computers and internet points;
- Secure connecting: Purchasing privacy screens or VPNs;
- Other support: Cost of childcare or other services that enable active
participation.

Apply Now

You can apply to receive funding by clicking
https://bit.ly/wikiindaba2021scholarships The deadline for scholarship
applications is October 7, 2021 at 11:59pm EAT.

This is the first time a fund of this nature has been offered at Wiki
Indaba. We deem it necessary as we transition from the familiarity of
in-person conferences of yesteryear to the possibilities we are about to
explore at the online Wiki Indaba 2021. We welcome your questions and
feedback. You can reach out to our team by email at wikiuganda@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Geoffrey Kateregga, on behalf of the Wiki Indaba 2021 Local Organizing Team