Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO
Congratulations and welcome Maryana.

Dan Rosenthal

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome to Wikimedia!

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Maryana! Really excited to have you in the family. Best wishes for
the future journey!

Ankan

Ankan Ghosh Dastider (he/him)
User:ANKAN <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ANKAN> || All Wikimedia
Foundation <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation>'s public
Wiki
Secretary || Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://wikimedia.org.bd/>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/Iagdastider> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ankan-ghosh-dastider/> | ResearchGate
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ankan_Ghosh_Dastider>
[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome Maryana.

Wish you all the best

Sent from iphone using Gmail mobile
[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome to the movement, Maryana,

I'm confident that there is much we can learn from your background and
experience. I'm also glad that you take your time to get acquainted, and it
feels right when people take the time to complete their obligations at
their previous organization - even when it's perhaps slightly inconvenient.

Good luck on your listening tour!

Lodewijk

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 9:20 AM Ankan Ghosh Dastider <

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Hello Maryana! This is superb news.

Brad 'OG' Patrick <bradp.wmf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world!

You're not wrong :)

Access to knowledge seems to becoming more unequal these days in new ways,
with the volume of convincing un-knowledge increasing much faster than the
modest pace of the real thing. So our work is not getting easier. But
humor, joy, and a commitment to empowering one another across the varied
texture of our planet, is as good a foundation for it as any I know. Thank
you Maryana, for sharing your thoughts and wishes.

Sending a warm welcome,
Sam.
[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome Maryana! We look forward to strengthening the Wikimedia Movement
with you.

Congratulations to the WMF BoT and all the others that were involved
in/with the Transition Committee.

João

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Maryana. We hope you have a successful tenure and take the
community along with you. We have a lot of expectations and hope. All the
very best.

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Dear Maryana,

Congratulations on your nomination and welcome to the
Wikimedia world. I look forward to being able to exchange and
collaborate with you.

Best,

Gerbet Rémy

Délégué opérationnel
_07
84 37 91
04_

_-----------------------------------__-------------------------_

WIKIMEDIA FRANCE
Association pour le libre partage de la
connaissance
_WWW.WIKIMEDIA.FR [8] _

28 rue de Londres 75009 Paris

_
_ _ [9]_

Le 2021-09-15 12:55, Ashwin Baindur - User AshLin a écrit
:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harambee_Youth_Employment_Accelerator [3]

[5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_University [5]

>> [6]
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Resolution:Creating_a_CEO_Transition_Committee_and_Transition_Team,_2021
[6] [7]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_noticeboard/14_September_2021_-_Welcoming_the_new_Wikimedia_Foundation_CEO
[7]

>> Best regards,
>> antanana / Nataliia Tymkiv
>> Acting
Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

>> _NOTICE: You may
have received this message outside of your normal working hours/days, as
I usually can work more as a volunteer during weekend. You should not
feel obligated to answer it during your days off. Thank you in advance!_

Links:
------
[1]
https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2021/09/14/wikimedia-foundation-appoints-maryana-iskander-as-chief-executive-officer/
[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryana_Iskander
[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harambee_Youth_Employment_Accelerator
[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood
[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_University
[6]
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Resolution:Creating_a_CEO_Transition_Committee_and_Transition_Team,_2021
[7]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_noticeboard/14_September_2021_-_Welcoming_the_new_Wikimedia_Foundation_CEO
[8]
http://www.wikimedia.fr/
[9] https://dons.wikimedia.fr/adhesion/b
[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming the new Wikimedia Foundation CEO [ In reply to ]
Thank you, Natalia,for sharing the amazing piece of news.

We, welcome Maryana, to the movement and wishing her the very best in the
new engagement.

Regards.

Shola and Wikimedia UG Nigeria.