Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Winners of WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique 2020-2021 Edition
Thank you Aboubacar for taking the lead to announce this :)

A bit of context for those who might be confused...

The WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique (1) is a writing context organized by
Wiki in Africa (2) and Fondation Orange for the past 4 years.
It runs in primary schools, often in rural areas, in schools frequently
not connected to the Internet. Which makes it an offline project (3).

For this edition, the contest involved 100 schools in 9 French speaking
countries, and the kids produced 134 articles published on Vikidia as
well as over 800 pictures published on Wikimedia Commons.

The contest is expanding every year and is enhanced by the regular
contribution from several wikimedia UG and of the Vikidia community.
This year, we got national support from

* Wikimedia Tunisia lead by Afek
* Wikimedians of Cameroon UserGroup lead by SerieMinou
* Groupe utilisateur de la communauté Wikimedia Guinée Conakry lead by
Aboubacar
* Wikimedia Mali lead by Nfana

Our jury also welcomed two members of our community
* Fawaz from Wikimedia Benin
* Macassar, vikidian and board member of Vikidia Association

All articles are beautiful pieces of those kids daily life and culture.
They are sometimes a bit strange for us to read, and not always
formatted perfectly according to our wikipedia encyclopedic-approach
habits.
But all of them are special and likely to teach you something. If you
can read French, all articles of the last edition may be found here (4)

(1) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiChallenge_Ecoles_d%27Afrique/en
(general information about the contest, in English and French)
(2) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_In_Africa (en)
(3) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Offline_Projects (en)
(4)
https://fr.vikidia.org/wiki/Projet:WikiChallenge_Écoles_d%27Afrique_2021/Articles