Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Why I am a candidate for the WMF board
Hoi,
I have put myself forward as a candidate for the board of the Wikimedia
Foundation. What I hope to achieve is that as a global community, as a
movement, foundation, we will share more of "the sum of the knowledge that
is available to us".

In my opinion this fits in perfectly with our stated objectives, what it
takes is a reflection on what we can do with what we have for the other
250+ languages. I have a notion of what success will mean: it means that
our traffic will increasingly be not for English projects and yes, I want
our traffic in English to grow as well!

In a blogpost [1] I mention a few of the easy pickings. There could be so
much more. When you have an idea post it on Meta and let me know as well.

Success has many fathers, one mother.
Thanks,
GerardM

[1]