Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Invite: Movement Charter Global Conversations this weekend (June 12+13)
Hi all,

you might have seen already it, but I wanted to post it here again:
On this weekend, June 12 + 13, we will host another round of our* Global
Conversations* format, *this time focusing entirely on the Movement Charter*
. We will host two 4 hour sessions covering different time zones, one on
June 12, 5:00 - 9:00 UTC (local time
<https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1623474046>) and one on June 13, 16:00 -
20:00 UTC (local time <https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1623600046>).

For the event, we envision the following: The implementation of the
Movement Charter is the cornerstone of Movement Strategy implementation.
This charter will define roles and responsibilities in the Wikimedia
Movement, and it will lay out a new Global Council for movement governance.
How can the implementation of the Movement Charter start? Join this
conversation and help define the immediate next steps that will lead to the
creation of a Movement Charter drafting committee (name subject to change).

We will provide *interpretation *(at least in Spanish, Arabic, French, and
Russian) and provide *participation support* (as data package
top-ups/upgrades).

You can find more information here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_Strategy/Events

And you can register via this short form (if you do not want to use a
Google form, mail us via strategy2030@wikimedia.org). Please register until
June 11.
https://bit.ly/2SeD9Gk

Cheers,
Cornelius

--

Cornelius Kibelka (he/him)

Process Support Coordinator

Movement Strategy

2030.wikimedia.org

<https://wikimediafoundation.org/>

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Donate.
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/>