Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Update on #WikiForHumanRights Launch Event, community events and challenge
Hi all,

One last major update before #WikiForHumanRights "right to a healthy
environment" launches next Thursday. Apologies for cross-posting.

To learn more about the campaign see:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiForHumanRights

*Join the launch event! *

We are hosting a launch event April 15 at 1500 UTC available with live
translation in UN languages: learn more at
https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/04/02/live-event-join-us-for-the-launch-of-wikiforhumanrights-right-to-a-healthy-environment/

*Edit in the challenge!*

Like the WikiGap Challenge, we encourage you to join our international
editing competition focused on topics related. We have international topics
identified by UN Human Rights, UN Environment and UNICEF. Come create or
expand those articles or bring your own!

Join us at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiForHumanRights_Challenge

*Join community events! *

There is a list of community events for the campaign, many of which are
digital and available for all:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiForHumanRights/2021/Events

More events will be coming soon, and if you would like to organize --
please see my previous email:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2021-March/096344.html

*Promote in your community!*

Please share this in your communities where possible!

Thank you!

Alex Stinson

--
Alex Stinson
Senior Program Strategist

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects create calls to action to invite new contributors
through campaigns: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns