Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy update
Hello, all. :)

I’m Maggie Dennis <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdennis_(WMF)>,
Vice President of Community Resilience & Sustainability
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability>,
a division of the Legal Department at the Wikimedia Foundation. I oversee
the functions of Community Development, Trust & Safety Policy, Trust &
Safety Operations, Human Rights protection, and, now, Movement Strategy.[1]

That last point is the purpose of my outreach. Many of you are aware that
our Chief of Staff, Ryan Merkley, has recently chosen to depart the
Foundation. Movement Strategy was housed with him. A long time Wikimedian
myself - user Moonriddengirl; pretty dormant right now but still very
interested! - I am delighted to step in to do all I can to keep the
momentum of this critical work going and to support however I can the
movement and the Foundation in meeting these strategic goals. Kaarel Vaidla
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:KVaidla_(WMF)>, with whom many of you
have connected during this process, will be part of my division, reporting
to Quim Gil <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Qgil-WMF>.

The transition phase was wrapped up
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations>
last quarter, and it is time to start the implementation phase, looking at
which projects can move forward first.[2] Among these, the Movement Charter
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations/Report/January>
is an essential tool for the implementation of the Strategy 2030, and it is
important to begin its draft.[3] There is also a lot of curiosity
around regional
and thematic hubs
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Follow-up_events/Cluster_D>,
and also many questions, and we are ready to support resolving some of
these.[4]

It has been my goal to do quarterly community meetings, but because of this
and other transitions, I’m a little behind. I had hoped to be able today to
invite you to meet me on Saturday, April 17, and I may be able to do that
in just a few days! If not that week, soon thereafter. There are some
details still being worked out. In that meeting, I will be available to
talk about all matters related to the work of Community Resilience &
Sustainability - which includes Movement Strategy and the Universal Code of
Conduct, among others. You can send your questions now (in any language) to
answers@wikimedia.org. Please use the term “CR&S” in the subject line so
that it is identified as a question for me. :) We will be inviting people
to join the meeting via multiple platforms to ask “live” as well. After the
event, we will release a video recording and a written summary of the
meeting. You can find details of our office hours past, including links to
videos and summaries, at the bottom of our Meta page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability>.[1
again!]

I’m very excited about all the implementation work ahead of us! :)

Warm regards,

Maggie

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability

[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations/Report/January

[4]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Follow-up_events/Cluster_D

--
Maggie Dennis
She/her/hers
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy update [ In reply to ]
Greetings,
Thanks for the update. This is very delighting to see the stepping in. Good
wishes for the interesting work ahead.
Regards.

?????, ? ??????, ???? ?:?? PM ?????? Maggie Dennis <mdennis@wikimedia.org>
???????: