Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher
Hello all,

As many of you know, Katherine Maher, the ED of the Wikimedia Foundation,
will be stepping down next month. Her last day is April 15.

While Katherine will continue to be a part of our movement, we wanted to
find a way to celebrate her and send her off. We’ll be putting together a
video montage of farewell wishes from the movement. For anyone that would
like to participate, you can record a short video with your message for
Katherine via your phone or computer by going to the Tribute webpage [1].
Please keep your message under 30 seconds! The deadline to submit a video
is Monday, April 12.*

If you have questions, please reach out.

Best,

Nadee Gunasena

[1] https://www.tribute.co/katherine-maher/

*Tribute is a third party service based in the United States, with its
own terms
of service <https://www.tribute.co/termsofservice/> and privacy policy
<https://www.tribute.co/privacy/>. Please review their terms and privacy
policy before submitting your video. In order to submit your video, you may
need to provide Tribute with a name and email address. If you are not
comfortable submitting your real name or email, we recommend using a
username or pseudonym instead. By submitting a video, you are giving the
Foundation consent to include your segment in a video montage that will be
shared with Katherine.

--
*Nadee Gunasena*
Executive Communications Manager
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher [ In reply to ]
Hi Nadee,

A great way to say we care and we will miss her. Thanks for coming up this
initiative.

Namaste,

Rajeeb.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher [ In reply to ]
Hello,
Thanks for sharing this.
* The email mentions 12 April as the last date, the website mentions 6
April as a due date.
* What is the license of the content to be uploaded on Tribute?
Regards

????????, ? ??????, ???? ?????? ?:?? AM ??? ? Nadee Gunasena <
ngunasena@wikimedia.org> ???????:

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher [ In reply to ]
Hi Tito,

Thanks for catching the difference in dates! That was my mistake, and I've
updated the dates on the website to reflect the due date for submissions,
which is April 12.

Regarding the video, I double-checked with Legal on your license question.
As the creator/ video organizer, we can decide how we use the final video
that is a montage of all the video submissions, so I would be putting it
under an open CC license. If you are asking about what kind of video you
can upload to Tribute, I would also recommend only using freely licensed
content. Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks,
Nadee
?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher [ In reply to ]
Hello Nadee,

This is a Rajeeb (Username: Marajozkee) I am sending you a "Farewell
Katherine Song", written and sung by me, I hereby attach the audio file. I
am sorry I can't record a video, so, I request you to use the song as
wherever you feel right, maybe on the background of a video or something
like that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Farewell video for Katherine Maher [ In reply to ]
Hi Rajeeb,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 02:45:20 +0530
Rajeeb <marajozkee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Nadee,
>
> This is a Rajeeb (Username: Marajozkee) I am sending you a "Farewell
> Katherine Song", written and sung by me, I hereby attach the audio file. I
> am sorry I can't record a video, so, I request you to use the song as
> wherever you feel right, maybe on the background of a video or something
> like that.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

The MLM dropped your attachment. Can you upload it to youtube, soundcloud,
dropbox, gdrive (or a plain HTTP folder such as my
https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/ ), etc. and send a URL link?

> Namaste,
> Rajeeb.
>
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 04:14, Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > As many of you know, Katherine Maher, the ED of the Wikimedia Foundation,
> > will be stepping down next month. Her last day is April 15.
> >

> > While Katherine will continue to be a part of our movement, we wanted to
> > find a way to celebrate her and send her off. We’ll be putting together a
> > video montage of farewell wishes from the movement. For anyone that would
> > like to participate, you can record a short video with your message for
> > Katherine via your phone or computer by going to the Tribute webpage [1].
> > Please keep your message under 30 seconds! The deadline to submit a video
> > is Monday, April 12.*
> >
> > If you have questions, please reach out.
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Nadee Gunasena
> >
> > [1] https://www.tribute.co/katherine-maher/
> >

> > *Tribute is a third party service based in the United States, with its
> > own terms of service <https://www.tribute.co/termsofservice/> and privacy
> > policy <https://www.tribute.co/privacy/>. Please review their terms and
> > privacy policy before submitting your video. In order to submit your video,
> > you may need to provide Tribute with a name and email address. If you are
> > not comfortable submitting your real name or email, we recommend using a
> > username or pseudonym instead. By submitting a video, you are giving the
> > Foundation consent to include your segment in a video montage that will be
> > shared with Katherine.
> >

> > --
> > *Nadee Gunasena*
> > Executive Communications Manager
> > Wikimedia Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>
> > ?

Shlomi Fish https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://youtu.be/xZLwtc9x4yA - Anime in Real Life!! (Parody)

Mothers used to tell their children stories about XSLT to scare them.
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/XSLT/