Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Open Meeting of the Wikipedia & Education User Group - you are invited!
Dear friends of free knowledge and education,

On Tuesday, March 30th 2021, we will have our next Open Meeting!
Please feel welcome to join us at 4:00pm UTC.
See for your own timezone: https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1617120044

This is the link to the meeting room:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87586733540?pwd=SVp0YmZrTEtlWWxxT3Y2UjZxNnFkZz09

We will discuss the shutdown of the WMF's Outreach Wiki and other topics.

Our special guest will be Mossab Banat who will talk about content in
Arab language. He is a passionate Wikipedian, physician and Wikipedia
Education Program team leader at Hashemite University in Jordan. He is
an editor and admin at Arabic Wikipedia. He also a board member at
Wikimedia medicine and associate editor at wikijournal of Medicine. He
founded a wiki club under the name of Digital Arabic Content Club at
the same university. Currently mossab works as Teaching and Research
Assistant at the Hashemite and as representative of graduate students
at the University council.

I myself will present a plan for a discussion on ethical questions.
When we use wikis for educational goals, we have not only to follow
the rules of the wiki (or an institution we work with). We want to
make sure that no harm is done - to the wiki or to the learners or
others involved. We want to give educators and others guidelines or
recommendations on how to deal with ethical questions and how to avoid
problems.

So, we hope for a large crowd at our meeting which will last for one
hour and a half.

Kind regards,

Ziko van Dijk
secretary,
Wikipedia & Education User Group (EduWiki UG)

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_%26_Education_User_Group

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Open Meeting of the Wikipedia & Education User Group - you are invited! [ In reply to ]
Dear friends of free knowledge and education,

A reminder: our Open Meeting is going to start in for about 2 hours. I
am looking forward to see you.

Kind regards
Ziko