Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] One day until #Wikipedia20!
Hello everyone,

#Wikipedia20 is just a day away!

A reminder about the #Wikipedia20 virtual birthday event

Join us to celebrate Wikipedia’s 20th birthday at our virtual birthday
party on the 15th of January from 16:00-17:00 UTC, livestreamed via
Youtube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzGAGfSObOw]. Our celebration will
include remarks from community members looking back over the past two
decades, as well as their wishes for the future.

Celebrate with digital swag

Visit the Wikipedia 20 Resources page on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_20/Resources> and download
whatever you need for your virtual celebrations. Update your video call
backgrounds, change your social media cover images, design your own assets
and more!

Other ways to celebrate the birthday

-

Attend one of several community-hosted celebrations
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_20/Events> happening around
the world
-

Share #Wikipedia20 messages on social media using any of the artwork
available. Sample posts are available on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_20/Media#Social_Media>. Be
sure to tag @Wikipedia and link to the new commemorative website:
20.wikipedia.org <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wikipedia20/>!
-

Retweet and share social media posts from Wikipedia on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Wikipedia>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/Wikipedia>.
-

At 20:00 UTC, join a live Twitter chat
<https://medium.com/freely-sharing-the-sum-of-all-knowledge/wikipedia-the-international-space-station-the-infinite-potential-of-human-collaboration-c828c8ea17aa?source=friends_link&sk=ad3d9615675c5e0bbdc6f1940a91a49f>
between Wikipedia and the International Space Station.
-

Give Wikipedia the gift of a citation or support by participating
in the #1Lib1Ref
campaign <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_Wikipedia_Library/1Lib1Ref>,
which launches every year on Wikipedia’s birthday.

Happy #Wikipedia20 to you all!

Khanyi and the Wikipedia 20 Team
--
*I'm celebrating 20 years of human curiosity, creativity and collaboration.
Happy #Wikipedia20!*

Khanyi Mpumlwana (she/they)

Creative Director