Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] WMF Community Events Team office hours: January 14
Hello everyone!

The Wikimedia Foundation Community Events Team
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia%20Foundation%20Events%20team>
will continue holding monthly office hours for any community members who
are interested. This is a place where movement event organizers can join
and share ideas and lessons with each other for upcoming and past events.
The Wikimedia Foundation Events team will be there as well to join in the
discussions, answer questions you might have for us and to facilitate.

This iteration of the office hours will take place on Thursday January 14
at 13:00 UTC <https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1610629253> and will last for
an hour. Find the *link to join on meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia%20Foundation%20Events%20team/OfficeHours#Upcoming%20office%20hours>.
*

*This months topics:*

-

Andrew Lih will be joining us to a review of how the recent virtual
WikiConference North America
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_North_America/2020> went
from an organizing perspective.
-

The WMF events team will be presenting our new meta Events Portal
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events_Team_Portal>
-

Time for any questions or discussion points from attendees

*This months supported languages are: *

- *English, Hebrew, Dutch, Spanish, Punjabi, and Hindi.* We will maybe
support *Japanese* this is to be confirmed on the meta page within the
next few days.

We will *continue to change the time of the meeting each month* in order to
be inclusive of more timezones. We will also continue to adjust these
office hours as we go based on community feedback and are very open to
changing the scope of these office hours over time or incorporating
community theme requests, presentation requests or requests for outside
speakers.

You can find more information about upcoming office hours and add your
comments and questions here and on the talk page:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Events_team/OfficeHours
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia%20Foundation%20Events%20team/OfficeHours>

We hope to see you there! Please pass this invitation to anyone in your
communities who might like to join monthly international event organization
discussions.

--
Rachel Farrand
Senior Program Officer
Re: [Wikimedia-l] WMF Community Events Team office hours: January 14 [ In reply to ]
Remember that this month's Community Event Team office hours start in 1
hour!
I am afraid that the person who was planning to do Punjabi, and Hindi
translation for us is no longer attending.

--
Rachel Farrand
Senior Program Officer