Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Community Resilience & Sustainability office hour
Hello, all. :)

My name is Maggie Dennis. I am the Vice President of Community Resilience &
Sustainability,[1] and I am hosting another Community Resilience &
Sustainability Office Hour on Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 20:00 UTC. I
work directly under the General Counsel of the Wikimedia Foundation, Amanda
Keton, who hopes to join us as well. Topics within scope for this call
include Trust and Safety (and the Universal Code of Conduct, with a second
phase launching in January), Community Development, and Human Rights. This
is not a presentation; it is an open invitation to come with your questions
or feedback and talk!

The meeting will be on December 10 at 20:00 UTC — see
https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1607630459 for your local time.

This call will be streamed and available on demand at
https://youtu.be/oyEYwjio72c

We will host this office hour on Zoom, taking questions from the Zoom chat,
Telegram, IRC, and YouTube, as well as collecting them in advance over
email.[2]

We will be taking notes to go alongside the video recording. I will be
fielding questions from Wikimedians in good standing (that is, not
Foundation or community banned) and will follow up with anything I can't
get to during the meeting in writing after the call.

The caveats from before remain in place, which I will repeat for
convenience:

-

I can't and won't discuss specific Trust & Safety cases. Instead, I can
discuss Trust & Safety protocols and practices and approaches.
-

I can talk civilly about our work even if you disagree with me or I
disagree with you. I will not respond to comments or questions that are
disrespectful to me, to my colleagues, or to anyone in our communities. I
won't compromise on this.

You can read the notes from our two previous calls here (June 2020)
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2020-06-04>[3]
and here (October 2020)
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2020-10-15>
.[4]

I hope to see you there.

Best,

Maggie

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability

[2] Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/DOlGIB1FRLUWqW9iB3qfTQ; IRC:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#How_to_participate; email
questions to answers@wikimedia.org with "Office hours" in the subject line.
We have a limited number of spaces in the actual Zoom call. If you want to
participate verbally, please ask for the link at answers@wikimedia.org, at
least an hour in advance of the meeting's start (please use "Office hour"
as the subject line).

[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2020-06-04
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2020-10-15

--
Maggie Dennis
Vice President, Community Resilience & Sustainability
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community Resilience & Sustainability office hour [ In reply to ]
Hello, all.

I just wanted to remind you all that this is today. I am nervous and
excited and looking forward to seeing some of you. :)

Warm regards,
Maggie

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community Resilience & Sustainability office hour [ In reply to ]
Hi friends,

This is a kind reminder that the Community Resilience & Sustainability
Office Hour takes place on Saturday, 15:00 UTC. You can find all info on
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2021-04-17

You can ask questions via Youtube or Telegram or IRC or Email (e.g., if you
can't attend the meeting itself). Notes will be posted afterward and the
video will be made available.

Come & join us,
Cornelius

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community Resilience & Sustainability office hour [ In reply to ]
Hi friends,

thank you, everyone, for joining our office hour on Saturday. Thank you
also to those who couldn't make it, but sent in questions beforehand.

You can find the office hour recording on Youtube (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAViQrKT4cI).

We also took notes, that we cleaned up a bit: You can find them on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2021-04-17

Best regards,
Cornelius

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 7:01 PM Cornelius Kibelka <