Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia 2030: Mark your calendars! We are meeting on Nov. 21-22
Hi everyone,

The date is set for the global discussions that will kick off implementing
Movement Strategy, and everyone’s invited to attend. [1] Say hi to old
friends, meet new people, exchange ideas, and take part in discussions for
transformation. Calls will take place on November 21 and 22 at different
times to maximize global participation. You are welcome to attend any or
all. More information to come very soon.

How to participate

* Express your interest on Meta [1] and watch the space for registration
information, we’ll also make sure to keep everyone updated by email.

* Join our Telegram group [2].

In September, we asked the movement to look at the recommendations and
identify initiatives that we should work on together in 2021. [3]
Communities and affiliates have been meeting and discussing, and we are
excited to see what initiatives emerge as priorities for implementation.
[4] Whether you did this work and have your priorities in hand, are just
thinking about them, or want to learn what this is all about, join the
global conversation.

The time is now to be accountable for growing and nurturing the movement
together. We have 10 recommendations to guide the way. [5] What is
something you’d like to do in 2021? What are things we should all work on
together? The outcome of our discussions will be an 18-month movement-wide
implementation plan that we will create together.

Whether you’re a seasoned Wikimedian or a new contributor, an established
chapter, or a new user group, join the discussions. The community-led
Design Group [6] stressed the importance of continuous on-wiki engagement
and options for offline participation for those that cannot attend the
meetings. We’ll be sure to communicate these options far in advance.

What comes after?

* Another set of global meetings will take place on December 5 and 6.

* The purpose of the second set of meetings will be to take the
conversation further, coordinate the way forward, and provide an additional
opportunity for people to get together and identify their priorities in
between the meetings.

If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us on Meta, via
Telegram, or by email <strategy2030{{at}}wikimedia.org>. Looking forward to
engaging with you all on November 21 and 22, it’s been a while.

On behalf of the Support Team,

Kaarel

[1] Event page on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversation

[2] Link to group on Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/NV8jtxZkQB7aN8spsaWtYg

[3]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2020-September/095685.html

[4] Preparation and Prioritization events:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Prioritization_events#Scheduled_events

[5] Recommendation all-in-one:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Movement_Strategy_Recommendations_one-pager_with_graphics.pdf

[6] Community-led Design Group: