Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy Update: Draft outline of Transition events
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and sound in the light of the ongoing Pandemic. I
would like to share an update regarding the progress of the Movement
Strategy and the design of the transition events.

The Transition Design Group [1] has been meeting over the past month to
discuss the design of the virtual events that will aim to facilitate
the inclusive
Transition process for the movement to start implementing the Movement
Strategy recommendations [2]. The Design Group discussions have been largely
centred around people and their ease of participation, processes for the
Transition events, and the legitimacy of the process, needed resources, and
communications [3]. Transition will be a turning point for our movement to
create a 18-month collaborative implementation work plan that will empower
our community and affiliates.

The virtual Transition events are being planned from the month of September
to December, 2020. We invite your feedback on the draft outline for the
transition events to ensure the events can be as inclusive, participative,
and engaging as possible [4]. The draft outline offers both light and
detailed information regarding the events. The Transition events aim to be
easy to join only once or for multiple events. They are for everyone,
whether a newcomer or a seasoned strategy enthusiast. They are being
designed for diverse participation across time zones and regions in order
to create a movement-wide implementation plan. The review period for the
draft outline is till August 20. After receiving your feedback, the Design
Group will finalize the plan and the Wikimedia Foundation will ensure the
delivery of the events according to the design.

Please comment on the Meta talk page [4] and feel free to use the questions
below as an orientation:

1. How can the plan be improved? In your opinion, what are some barriers
to entry that must be lowered so everyone can take part in Transition?
2. How can we make sure that you and your community have what you need
to participate in the Transition events?
3. If you have attended other virtual events, what has your experience
been like and what lessons can be applied in this case?

You are also encouraged to share your individual feedback directly via
email strategy2030@wikimedia.org for any suggestions or ideas.

On behalf of the Design Team,
Rupika

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/People

[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Updates

[4]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Events_Outline/Draft
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy Update: Draft outline of Transition events [ In reply to ]
Apologies, Sent to the wrong mailing list ;) but nevertheless happy to
share it as another friendly reminder for feedback.

With thanks,
Rupika