Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] WikiContrib 2.0 released!
Hello Wikimedians,

We are proud to announce the release of the second version of the
WikiContrib tool: <https://wikicontrib.toolforge.org/>.

WikiContrib is an easy-to-use developer metrics tool for visualizing the
technical contributions to Wikimedia projects on Phabricator, Gerrit, and
Github. You can view fellow Wikimedians' contributions or share with them a
link to your contribution activity on WikiContrib.

Most relevant changes in this version include:

-

Feature to visualize contributions to Wikimedia repositories on GitHub.
-

Unique shareable URL for contributions.
-

Caching feature to reduce query latency.
-

Fixes to long-standing critical bugs.
-

User experience improvements.

I worked on these recent changes as part of my Outreachy internship project
with guidance and support from my mentors Srishti Sethi <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/srishakatux/>,

Rammanoj Potla <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/rammanojpotla/>,

and Suchakra Sharma <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Tuxology/>.

Relevant Links:

-

Tool: https://wikicontrib.toolforge.org
-

Source code: https://github.com/wikimedia/wikicontrib
-

Proposal: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T249175
-

Documentation: https://wikicontrib.readthedocs.io/

We invite you to try the tool, and if you encounter any bugs, it would be
helpful if you could report them on the GitHub repository
<https://github.com/wikimedia/WikiContrib>. We would also love to hear what
more you would like to see in the tool, how you would want to use it, and
any other ideas you might have on the Tool’s talk page:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:WikiContrib.

Thanks,

Raymond Ndibe