Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020
Dear all,

I hope you are fine and healthy amid the difficult times.

After the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2020
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2020> was cancelled
and postponed for 2021 due the COVID-19 pandemic, we came up with the idea
of organising an online conference in order to keep continuity and discuss
the major ongoings in the Wikimedia movement. The online event is planned
to take place as the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020> from
2-4 October and it will be labelled with the slogan "Stay Stronger Online!".

The programme for the event will be modest compared to the in-person
conferences because of the technical difficulties and the different
participants' environment. About a half of the time slots will be reserved
for sessions on pre-selected topics covering major ongoings in the
movement, while the other half will be filled with session proposals
received through a call for submissions with three tracks in the submission
process: COVID-19, Basic capacity development and Advanced capacity
development. *The deadline for submitting session proposals
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Submissions>
is
23:59 (CEST) on 31 August 2020.*

Considering that this is planned to be an online event, we decided to *extend
the eligibility for participation beyond the CEE communities and allow
every interested individual contributor from the Wikimedia movement to take
part (see list of interested participants
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Participants/List>)*.
That said, we hope that this online event will be enriched and diversified
with the participation of people outside the CEE region.

Stay safe and healthy!

Best regards,
Kiril Simeonovski
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 [ In reply to ]
Hi Kiril,

Thank you for making this possible. I know it's not easy to adapt to our
new reality and it's challenging and bold to organize an online event like
this. I'm definitely thinking about good examples of our work during the
pandemic and probably will submit that.

I've also forwarded this call via Discord and our mailing list. I encourage
others to do that as well.

Best,
????? ?????????
??????? ????????? ? ?????????, ?????????? ??????
p: 011 3348 468 m: 060 74 54 773 a: ????? ?????? 80/14, ???????
s: rs.wikimedia.org e: ivana.madzarevic@vikimedija.org

*????????? ???? ? ???? ????? ????? ?? ??????? ??? ???????? ???????
?????????? ??????? ?????. ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? ??????.*

???, 4. ??? 2020. ? 16:50 Kiril Simeonovski <kiril.simeonovski@gmail.com>
?? ???????/??:

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and good luck for organising the remote event :)

We are collecting documentation about past online events in the Wikimedia
movement on this page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiProject_remote_event_participation/Documentation>,
I hope that the experience from previous organizers can be helpful, and of
course I'll be glad to see more event organizers gathering documentation
there.

Cheers,
Léa

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 09:51, Ivana Madžarevi? <
ivana.madzarevic@vikimedija.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Submissions
> > >
> > is
> > 23:59 (CEST) on 31 August 2020.*
> >
> > Considering that this is planned to be an online event, we decided to
> > *extend
> > the eligibility for participation beyond the CEE communities and allow
> > every interested individual contributor from the Wikimedia movement to
> take
> > part (see list of interested participants
> > <
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Participants/List
> > >)*.
> > That said, we hope that this online event will be enriched and
> diversified
> > with the participation of people outside the CEE region.

Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the reminder, Kiril. Looks like a really great online program!

Good luck to all the speakers and looking forward to CEEing some of you
there. :)

Shani.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Kiril for the mail and update, we are almost going to start less
than an hour.Friday, 2 October- *16:00 - 16:30 (UTC)/**18:00 - 18:30
(CEST)/**19:00 - 19:30 (EEST)*

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020/Programme

Looking ahead for a successful event.

Namaste,