3. We are experimenting with using the free-software Jitsi technology for
the meetings instead of Google Meet. Please note that one disadvantage of
the free-software solution is that to connect from a mobile device you will
need to download and install the Jitsi app and point it at meet.wmcloud.org
![2]

4. A few people have expressed confusion or consternation about the
program's name. I have started an on-wiki section on the talk page to
discuss a possible renaming of the program. Feel free to contribute to
it.[3]

The upcoming calls (note the time zones!) and their tentatively-scheduled
topics: (there may be some changes in the topics in the coming 2-3 days.
Check the Meta page closer to the calls to be sure.)

1. Wednesday, August 5th, 17:30 UTC. Topic: Stats tools demonstrations

2. Monday, August 10th, 18:00 UTC. Topic: Recent research from the
Foundation's Research team.

3. Thursday, August 20th, 19:00 UTC. Topic: TBD.

As always, see the program page on Meta for the details and call links.

Cheers,

Asaf

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Clinics
[2] https://jitsi.org/downloads/
[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Clinics#Should_the_program_be_renamed%3F

Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Senior Program Officer, Emerging Wikimedia Communities

https://donate.wikimedia.org
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Upcoming Wikimedia Clinic calls and program updates [ In reply to ]
Thank you Asaf for this initiative, personally I like clinics.
I have seen the other proposals, there is a big problem that they are
already used so there is a big risk of confusion, another proposal is to
give visibility to this meeting.
a nice little logo would be nice.
Another question is that if for example we wanted to use the Jitsi app
platform on meet.wmcloud.org how would we do it?

thanks again

* Mohammed Bachounda <http://bachounda.com/>*
Leader Wikimedia Algeria UG