Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] The Wikipedia Library - new technical improvements and partnerships now available
Hi all,

The Wikipedia Library team at the Wikimedia Foundation is pleased to
announce new technical improvements to the Library Card platform and the
addition of 6 new publisher collections. If you’re an active editor who
would find free access to paywalled reliable sources useful for your
contributions, log in now to see what you can access:
https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/

More than half of the publishers available through the library can now be
accessed directly through the Library Card platform, rather than requiring
an individual account to be set up and maintained for each. Additionally,
the Library Bundle provides immediate access to 60% of our content with no
application required!

We’re also excited to announce that 6 new publishers have joined the
program, including ProQuest, Springer Nature, and the Central and Eastern
European Online Library.

You can read more about these changes in the blog post we just published:
https://space.wmflabs.org/2020/06/24/simplifying-your-research-needs-the-wikipedia-library-launches-new-technical-improvements-and-partnerships/

We hope you find these resources useful, and would love to hear your
feedback at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Library_Card_platform/Authentication-based_access

Best,
Sam