Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] New members of the Board and Supervisory Committee
Dear Wikimedians,

On June 6-8, 2020 Wikimedia Armenia’s snap Assembly was held online, the
agenda of which was the adoption of the new charter, the election of the
Board members, and the Supervisory Committee. All this was done within the
framework of the organization's reforms.

The majority of eighty-eight members of Wikimedia Armenia voted for all
suggested issues by open and transparent vote. The new charter was
approved, which was developed within 5 months by the members of the
organization and lawyers and was based on the conclusion of the governance
audit conducted in Wikimedia Armenia, our research and discussions. Narek
Avetisyan and Davit Poghosyan were elected as members of the Board, and
Davit Arevyan and Norayr Baghdasaryan were elected as members of the
Supervisory Committee. All the selected candidates have a great
contribution to the development of various Wiki projects and Wikimedia
Armenia.

As a result, the Board of Wikimedia Armenia consists of four members:
Vahagn Piliposyan (the Chair of the Board), Tigran Azizbekyan (Secretary of
the Board), Narek Avetisyan and David Poghosyan. The Supervisory Committee
consists of three members: Vardan Mnatsakanyan (the Chair of the
Committee), Norayr Baghdasaryan (the Secretary of the Committee), and David
Arevyan. Currently, the President of Wikimedia Armenia is Susanna Mkrtchyan
who was elected during the previous Assembly.

“Wikimedia Armenia” NGO’s Chair of the Board
Vahagn Piliposyan
Re: [Wikimedia-l] New members of the Board and Supervisory Committee [ In reply to ]
Dear Wikimedia Armenia,

Hope my mail finds all of you in the best of health and spirit. I like to
congratulate each and every elected member on board. Wikimedia Armenia is
my all time favourite Chapter.

All my best wishes.

Best regards,

Rajeeb Dutta.